Hotel Maintenance Person
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for responding directly to Guest requests relating to maintenance issues and providing immediate attention to all trouble or emergency calls relating to the maintenance and operation of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Maintenance person include but are not limited to:
• Provide immediate attention to any guest request; Direct liaison with all other operating departments.
• Respond to emergency calls.
• Respond and follow up to guest calls, requests and comment cards.
• Inspect and ensure smooth operation of mechanical and electrical systems in the hotel such as HVAC, swimming pools, and domestic water systems.
• Complete preventative maintenance work orders as assigned.
• Identify and report problems that require follow-up.
• Maintains accurate log and maintenance records (equipment and shift records).
• Identify building load conditions (heating and cooling) and schedule the operation of equipment efficiently.
• Schedule energy management system to optimize energy savings (DDC).
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates
• Be self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision
• Strong observational skills and attention to detail; Ability to prioritize
• Candidate must have demonstrated excellent organizational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision
• Be proactive in recommending reliability upgrades and performance improvements to mechanical systems
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Three to five (3-5) years’ previous mechanical maintenance experience (hotel experience an asset).
• Must have electrical and mechanical trouble shooting skills and ability.
• Pneumatic controls experience required.
• Ability to work in cramped spaces and heights; able to lift/ move heavy equipment and objects.
• Knowledge of safety and emergency policies and procedures, including WHMIS and LOCKOUT.
• Automation system (DDC) experience required, able to analyze and adjust system controls.
• Competent in the use of hand and power tools; Competent in the use of engineering instruments and testers.
• Ability to weld and solder an asset.
• Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office Suite.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.