Human Capital & Development Coordinator
Pan Pacific Vancouver
We are looking for a results-driven individual who is ready to kick-start their career in Human Resources in a true generalist capacity and be able to positively engage and influence others by their exceptional interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Director, Human Capital and Development, this position will provide reception coverage for the department and be the first point of contact for all associates and external candidates.
This position will be integral in supporting the Director in developing and maintaining systems and controls for general HR systems and processes, employee engagement programs and initiatives, social media presence, recruitment and Occupational Health and Safety programs. This role will require the individual to work with a sense of urgency, juggle multiple priorities while still providing a high level of service to the Pan Pacific Vancouver associates.
The key responsibility of the Human Capital and Development Coordinator is to provide general confidential administrative support to Director and the HCD team in various areas of accountability and to be a positive first point of contact for the Hotel associates. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Qualifies and responds to all inquiries in a timely manner (telephone, email, face-to-face).
- Develop effective, time-efficient and service focused administrative systems and procedures to manage the administration workload of the HCD department.
- Manages HCD office administrative requirements and files, including reception coverage, associate files, HRIS data entry, maintaining office supplies etc.
- Communicates clearly and in a positive manner with all associates, and be able to respond to general enquiries relating to an associates employment, or to external candidates regarding potential employment with the Hotel.
- Manages the day to day social media presence for the department and engaging with current and potential talent.
- Prepares and distributes general and confidential correspondence and/or documents related to HCD.
- Participates in and coordinates the administration of the recruitment process (i.e. pre-screening, job postings, preparation of interview guides, interviewing, references, regret letters, sign on administration).
- Builds relationships with schools to assist in attracting exceptional hospitality students and coordinates and conducts tours for students and other groups. Manages the Hotel intern program.
- Assists and co-ordinates all associate relations programs and associate communications (i.e. Associate Response Team, accommodation requests, internal notice boards).
- Manages all internal associate recognition programs including both performance and service recognition
- Leads the organization and coordination of Associate events/programs including charity events to foster enthusiasm and loyalty (i.e. Annual Associate Thank You Day Events, Scholarship program, Children’s Christmas party, Anniversary party, Vancouver Tourism Challenge and Tourism Awards).
- Co-ordinates and participates in the administrative handling of the Associate Satisfaction Opinion Survey.
- Provides relief coverage to the Benefits and Disability Manager, ensuring the administration of all processes continue to run smoothly.
- Perform other generalist duties and special projects as requested from time to time.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated Human Resources professional that has the ability to accomplish tasks efficiently and with a high level of accuracy.
This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and be creative and a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to develop career in the field of Human Resources through post-secondary education in Human Resources, or equivalent experience.
- Proven understanding of human resources concepts, principles, theories and practices and relevant legislation.
- Two years’ work experience in a service-based industry and have a strong understanding of inter-departmental & guest service. Experience in Human Resources is preferred but not essential.
- Solid work experience in setting up and managing effective administrative procedures and programs essential along with experience in organizing events.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional documents and communication.
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and high level of accuracy and proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.