Pan Pacific Singapore
The main responsibility of a purchasing manager is to plan, organize, source, direct and control all purchasing functions of the hotel to ensure that the highest quality product is purchased at the best possible price. Control inventories at appropriate levels.
He or she works closely with department users to determine users’ requirement and establish the optimal quantity to order, taking into consideration the ordering and delivering lead time, availability of storage within the hotel, frequency of re-ordering, price and risk of wastages.
- Hire, supervise, train, coach, counsel and discipline purchasing staff to ensure effective management of all aspects of the department, and to maintain smooth execution of the purchasing function for the hotel smooth operation.
- Initiate and conduct market surveys and site-inspections to evaluate the quality of suppliers and maintain good knowledge of the market, new products, price trends and availability.
- Communicate with Director of RBE, Chefs and order all food and beverage products according to hotel needs and specifications. Forecast operational needs and schedules deliveries of all food and beverage items.
- Source and maintain a good network of quality local and overseas suppliers to obtain competitive pricing for products and services.
- Ensure all corporate purchasing programs, policies and procedures are met. Carry out proper due diligence, including obtaining competitive quotations for significant purchases and calling for tenders for projects or high value contracts in compliance with company policy.
- Organise sample testing, yield testing and / or blind testing to ensure proper and objective selection of products. Negotiate with suppliers’ on price and terms to ensure that the hotel’s interest is always the priority.
- Ensure timely placement of order and delivery of goods and services, taking into consideration lead time from the suppliers.
- Coordinate closely with Store and users to ensure regularly used items are replenished in good time.
- Maintain proper control and records over the float issued for spot purchases.
- Work with the vendors to ensure proper administration of the procurement systems.
- Structure contracts for goods and services.
- Raise the documentation for request of fixed assets.
- Follow up on the status of order and delivery.
- Assist department to work within their budget.
- Interview, hire and oversee the growth of purchasing associates.
- Obtain feedback from users regarding goods and services.
- Diploma from a recognized hospitality / tertiary institution.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a purchasing supervisory role, preferably in a similar capacity in hospitality industrial.
- Strong administrative and organization skills.
- Good understanding of purchasing function, especially in a large hotel.
- Knowledge of import and custom regulations.
- Skills in the use of procurement systems and Microsoft office application.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application docuemnts are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.