Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, the successful candidate will be responsible for for cleaning and maintaining guest rooms as well as replenishing and invoicing of private bars according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Room Attendant include but are not limited to:
- Cleans and supplies fourteen (14) rooms per day including all related private bar tasks.
- Be able to provide evening turn down service.
- Must meet performance standards on room inspection checklist; offers all assistance possible to guests.
- Maintains and reports defective equipment; maintains and keeps linen closet, cart and basket well-supplied.
- Ensures all chemicals are being employed to WHMIS standards.
- Checks for and turns in all Lost and Found items; reports damage or losses to maintenance or housekeeping.
- Removes Room Service trays from hallways.
- Notifies the Hotel Inventory System after each guest room has been cleaned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required.
- Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming.
- Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous hotel/housekeeping experience preferred.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and safety standards.
- Proficient in English to articulate themselves professionally in guest interactions.
- Knowledge of “Back Safe” techniques.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: APPLY NOW
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.