Night Room Service Server
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Service One Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering food and beverage products to guest rooms in a fast-paced, high quality dining experience, according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Graveyard Room Service Server include but are not limited to:
• Maintains professional internal/external guest service: smiles, creates eye contact, and uses employee/guest names; Sets up and delivers guest orders
• Preparation of table set-up and Food &Beverage gifts for guest order deliveries
• Ensures attentive service at all times
• Knows the product & services their own hotel offers so that they can respond to guest/customer’s enquiries and promote the product and services
• Handles Hotel equipment in a safe manner
• Prepares foods items in the absence of scheduled Cook (graveyard shift)
• Communicates with all staff members and liaises with associated departments
• Cleans up and pre-sets the department as per standard
• Assists in emergency situations; Communicates problems or potential improvements to Supervisor
• Assists in working in other food & beverage outlets when required; May be required to assist in Service One switchboard area
• Performs other related duties as required
- Completes duties in a quick and efficient manner
- Serves guests in a friendly and efficient manner
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
- Candidate must have demonstrated excellent organizational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision
- Individual must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills; Ability to ‘read’ guests’ expectations and requirements
- Flexibility in working in other departments required when required
- Have proven ability of strong skill set for cross exposure into Service One.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Two (2) years Food and Beverage experience in a similar setting required
- “Serving it Right” Certificate required
- Knowledge of food safety and hygiene and clearing procedures
- Organizational skills; Responsibility, Initiative and Team work; Observational skills
- Good knowledge of food and menu items; mixed drinks, beverage preparation, wines & spirits
- Knowledge of Hotel emergency & safety policies/procedures
- Must be physically fit, as they will be required to lift and push some heavy items.
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups.
These groups are:
•Members of visible minorities
•Persons with disabilities
•Aboriginal peoples, and
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization.
Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process.
We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.