Server - Oceans 999
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Restaurant & Bar Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing guests of the Oceans 999 & Patio with superior service in a fast-paced, high quality dining experience, according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel. This position will require flexibility and availability to be assigned shifts in other related outlets (ie – Coal Harbour Bar and/or Banquets).
Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Weekends & Holidays Involved
The key responsibilities of the Server include but are not limited to:
- Greets guests upon arrival; Maintains professional internal/external guest service: smiles, creates eye contact, and uses employee/guest names.
- Prepares sections and side stations for service; takes guest orders and inputs them into Micros in a timely manner.
- Applies service protocols regarding menu specials, beverages, and restaurant recommendations.
- Prepares table for courses; maintains table and service; clears tables and side stands and resets tables.
- Attends to guest complaints; ensures attentiveness to each table at all times.
- Knows the product & services their own hotel offers so that they can respond to guest/customer’s enquiries and promote the product and services.
- Ability to upsell hotel food & beverage items to guests; trains new staff in proper procedures.
- Ensures all duties on task list are completed; Assists with other food & beverage outlets when required.
- Understands the need and willingness to be scheduled to work in other related outlets when required (ie. Cascades Lounge, Banquets, etc.)
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing & pulling
- Serves guests in a friendly and efficient manner
- Individual must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills; Ability to ‘read’ guests’ expectations and requirements
- Candidate must have demonstrated excellent organizational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
- Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Two (2) years Food and Beverage experience in a similar restaurant setting required
- “Serving it Right” Certificate must be obtained; Knowledge of Micros/Point of Sales system an asset
- Sound knowledge of wines/spirits, food and beverages, and of the hotel menu
- Knowledge of food safety and hygiene and clearing procedures
- Must be sound in cash handling, knowledge of cashing out procedures required.
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.