Service One Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Service One Manager is a temporary managerial position that is responsible for leading the In Room Dining and Service One operations ensuring and maintaining a consistently high standard of customer service. This position is required to exercise judgment, set priorities and work closely with other departments to ensure smooth work flow within the division and affiliated departments. This temporary role is a great way to enjoy a new department and lead a dedicated team of service professionals.
The key responsibilities of the Service One Manager include but are not limited to:
• Lead and direct the team to ensure the smooth operation of Service One & Room Service functions.
• Respond to emergency calls and contact appropriate individuals. Full understanding of all emergency procedures within Pan Pacific Hotel and Canada Place Complex.
• Ensure team members are capitalizing on all up selling opportunities within the department and redirect information to appropriate persons when business opportunities for the hotel arise during conversations with guests.
• Monitors and manages the quality and timeliness of services provided to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
• Coordinate all requests for telecom, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) from Rooms / Banquets and ensure all telecommunication equipment and DSL service is operational at all times; Assist in troubleshooting for systems not operating at full capacity.
• Able to read group resume’s and BEO’s to ensure seamless operations (gift delivery, in-room functions)
• Communicate and create BEO when guest choose to have function in guest rooms (with Kitchen, catering, R/S, S1 team)
• Be able to assist in the operations of Service One and Room Service as and when required.
• Participates in recruitment, selection, training and performance management of all Service One and In Room Dining associates; acts as a resource to associates.
• Monitors work hours and scheduling of Service One and Room Service associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
• Performs other duties within Food and Beverage, as assigned or required.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Candidate must have a minimum of 2 – 3 years of previous related supervisory experience.
• Diploma / degree in Hospitality management preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership experience and organizational skills with an excellent eye for detail is a must.
• Previous Front Office or Call Centre experience would be considered an asset. Must have strong food and beverage experience and demonstrate understanding of food and beverage service techniques, with a solid hands-on-approach to the F&B Operations.
• Proven ability to handle high stress and work under frequent peak period conditions.
• Must have experience working with hotel systems, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Micros, Opera and the telephone meridian systems.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.