1. The Pan Pacific Hotels Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (collectively, “PPHG”) “Stay To Get Away Instagram Contest” (the “Contest”) is operated and sponsored by Pan Pacific Hotels Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (“PPHG”). PPHG is in the business of hospitality, and we own and/or manages hotels, resorts and serviced suites under our three brands, “Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts”, “PARKROYAL COLLECTION Hotels and Resorts” and “PARKROYAL Hotels and Resorts”. We also operate St Gregory Spa and various dining establishments including the award-winning Si Chuan Dou Hua
2. By entering the Contest, you have fully understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not understand and/or agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not enter the Contest.
3. The Contest will commence on Wednesday, 21 October 2020 at 10:00AM (GMT+8) and conclude on Monday, 30 November 2020 at 11:59PM (GMT+8) (the “Contest Period”).
4. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, each participant (the “Participant”) must:-
(a) “Follow” at least one of the PPHG brands’ Instagram pages:-
(i) Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts (https://www.instagram.com/panpacifichotels/);
(ii) PARKROYAL COLLECTION Hotels and Resorts (https://www.instagram.com/parkroyalcollection/);
(iii) PARKROYAL Hotels and Resorts (https://www.instagram.com/parkroyalhotels/)
(b) Submit an entry (the “Entry” or “Entries”). Each entry must:-
(i) not contain any material which PPHG, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems inappropriate, indecent, obscene, objectionable, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous and must not contain material that PPHG, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination (whether based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age);
(ii) not contain any material that breaches any applicable laws or regulations including without limitation the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction in which an Entry is submitted;
(iii) not contain your private/personal information or that of any third party (for example, name, address, phone number, email address or any other contact details). PPHG shall not responsible for any loss or damages suffered as a result of or in connection with such posting; and
(iv) be in English and must be limited to the number of characters allowed for each Entry.
5. PPHG has the absolute discretion at any time and from time to time to determine the eligibility of any Participant to take part in the Contest and shall not be obliged to give any reason thereof. Without limiting the generality of this provision, Participants:-
(a) who are under 18 years of age at the time of the selection of the relevant Winner (as defined below);
(b) whose Instagram account is not set visible to the public;
(c) who are a staff/employee at UOL Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (including PPHG) and/or any hotels/resorts/serviced suites owned or managed by PPHG and/or UOL Group Limited (collectively “UOL Group”) during the Contest Period, and their respective immediate family members;
(d) who are employees and staff of UOL Group’s partners, the auditors, advertising agencies, promotion agencies and/or other persons involved (directly or indirectly) in organizing, promoting and/or conducting the Contest or who have an interest in the Contest, and their respective immediate family members; or
(e) who are or become deceased, bankrupt, mentally incapacitated or who are legally incapacitated, shall not be eligible to participate in the Contest and shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation whatsoever, even if he or she has been selected to be the winners of the Contest.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, PPHG shall not be responsible or liable:-
(a) for ensuring that Entries are posted promptly on the PPHG Instagram page before the expiry of the Contest Period;
(b) for any Entry that fails to reach PPHG for any reason whatsoever or for any failure, technical error or delay in the transmission of the Entry to PPHG for any reason whatsoever before the expiry of the Contest Period;
(c) for any failed, incomplete, distorted, undelivered, late, damaged, illegible or lost Entries; or
(d) for any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment or network connection or internet connection, which may result in the Participant being omitted from taking part in the Contest or for any claim or cause of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest. No appeal, correspondence or claims or payment of compensation will be entertained.
7. PPHG shall have the right to disqualify any Participant from the Contest if:-
(a) he/she is found to have submitted an inaccurate or incomplete Entry and/or inaccurate personal particulars;
(b) PPHG subsequently finds out that any Participant had submitted more than one (1) Entry using a different name or email address or contact details or any other methods to increase his/her chances of winning;
(c) the Participant is found to have tampered with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or is in breach of these Terms and Conditions; and/or
(d) an Entry is deemed by PPHG to be unfit for the participation in the Contest for any reason whatsoever.
PPHG's decision on any of the above matters shall be final, conclusive and binding and PPHG shall not be liable for payment or compensation to any party resulting from such a decision. No appeal, correspondence or claims or payment of compensation will be entertained.
8. (a) There will be a total of nine (9) Winners (each a “Winner” and collectively the “Winners”):-
(i) Nine (9) Winners shall be selected by PPHG at its absolute discretion. One 1-night stay at a Hotel of Choice (as defined below) will be given away to each Winner.
(b) All Entries are subject to review and approval by PPHG at its absolute discretion. PPHG has the right to refuse to accept any Entries and/or remove any submitted Entry for any reason. For example, an Entry may be removed if PPHG decides that the said Entry is in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
(c) PPHG’s decision on and method of selecting the Winners shall be at its absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding and PPHG shall not be liable for payment or compensation to any party resulting from PPHG’s choice of the Winners or for any Participant not being eligible to receive the Prize offered under the Contest. No appeal, correspondence or claims or payment of compensation will be entertained.
(d) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, PPHG reserves the right to select other Winners to substitute any Winner who is subsequently found to be ineligible or disqualified or where the Winner is unable to furnish any satisfactory proof that he/she is indeed the same person as the individual who submitted the winning Entry (for example, by showing all documentary evidence of proof of name and identification number etc.). PPHG’s determination of the Winners shall be final, conclusive and binding. No appeal, correspondence or claims or payment of compensation will be entertained.
(e) The approximate retail value of each room night stay is up to SGD$598.00; however the actual retail value will depend on dates of travel and hotel accommodation. The Winner may bring one (1) guest. The Winner must advise PPHG no later than thirty (30) days prior to the intended date of stay of the name and other details for both him/herself and his/her guest. In the event that the Winner does not provide this information to Company by this deadline, the prize will be forfeited and PPHG shall have no further obligation to the Winner.
(f) Each Winner may claim their room night stay at the Hotel of Choice (as defined below) for a maximum of two (2) persons in a standard double room (or such other class to be determined by PPHG or the Hotel of Choice at the time of booking or on arrival)
(g) The Winners shall be entitled to choose a PPHG hotel of choice at one of the following PPHG hotel or serviced suite (the “Hotel of Choice”):-
(i) Pan Pacific Singapore
(ii) PARKROYAL COLLECTION Marina Bay, Singapore
(iii) PARKROYAL COLLECTION Pickering, Singapore
(iv) PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore
(v) PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, Singapore
(vi) Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road, Singapore
(vii) Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard, Singapore
(viii) PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Singapore
(ix) Pan Pacific Melbourne
(x) Pan Pacific Perth
(xi) PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Sydney
(xii) PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
(xiii) PARKROYAL Parramatta
(xiv) Pan Pacific Toronto
(xv) Pan Pacific Vancouver
(xvi) Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside
(xvii) Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre
(xviii) PARKROYAL Penang Resort
(xix) PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur
(h) The prize must be utilised before 31 December 2021 and must be booked at least thirty (30) days prior to intended travel dates.
(i) The travel guest of the prize winner (the “Guest”) must:
(i) be a legal resident of his or her territory of residence and
(ii) have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of the Winner’s Entry to the Contest unless the Winner is the guest’s parent or guardian.
(j) Where applicable, the Winner and his/her guest must provide proper legal identification to leave and re-enter their country of residence, and must be in possession of valid passports (valid for six (6) months past the return date). The Winner and his/her guest accept full responsibility for obtaining these documents at their sole expense. It is recommended that all Winners and their guests obtain sufficient personal insurance including medical insurance, prior to departure. PPHG is not liable if the Winner and/or his/her guest are refused access to a plane, entry into any country, or re-entry into his/her home country. If travel is delayed, impeded, cancelled or refused by any authority or for any reason, Prize may be forfeited (in whole or in part) and Winner and/or his/her guest will be responsible for any additional expenses incurred.
(k) All prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged into cash and other forms of credit unless otherwise provided. Each prize is subject to its own set of terms and conditions. Prize redemption shall be subject to a fixed redemption period, availability and blackout dates depending on the destination and time of booking, and documentary proof of their city of residence to the Hotel of Choice’s satisfaction. Prizes are provided "as is" without further representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied. In no event shall the Company be obligated to award any of the prizes should it determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the Submissions are unsatisfactory. In the event any element of any prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the reasonable control of PPHG, PPHG shall provide a substitute prize selected in its sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt and use. No other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by PPHG in its sole discretion.
9. The Winners will be contacted via Instagram Private Message, and they are required to respond with their full name, contact number, and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 14 December 2020. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. The prize must be utilised before 31 December 2021 and must be booked at least thirty (30) days prior to intended travel dates.
10. Participation in the Contest is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Participants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when they participate in the Contest. The Participants and the Winners shall indemnify PPHG for any claims, expenses, actions, losses or damages or costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) made against or incurred or sustained by PPHG in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or a submitted Entry.
11. PPHG may, at any time and from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice or assigning any reason thereof or assuming any liability or payment of compensation to any person, substitute, replace or change the Prize stipulated herein, with another prize of similar value (whether in cash or otherwise). PPHG’s determination of the substituted prize shall be final, conclusive and binding. No appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained.
12. The decisions of PPHG on all matters relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, but not limited to, the eligibility of any Participant, to determine who the Winners are, and whether to terminate the Contest, are at its absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding on all parties. PPHG shall not be obliged to give any reason or enter into any correspondence with any persons on any matter concerning the Contest and no appeal, correspondence or claims will be entertained.
13. Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will retain your personal data for a period of 12 months from the end of the campaign period.
14. By participating in the Contest, every Participant and each Winner expressly and irrevocably:-
(a) permits, consents and authorises PPHG to disclose, reveal and divulge their names, pictures and such other information that may indicate his/her account with PPHG to any party for the purpose of organising, promoting, advertising, publicising, sponsoring and/or conducting the Contest (including disclosing such information on Facebook and/or Instagram) and consents to receiving promotional, marketing and other publicity information from PPHG from time to time;
(b) agrees that the information which they are providing will be provided to PPHG and not to Instagram;
(c) agrees to co-operate and participate in any advertising, promotional and publicity and/or commercial activities organised by PPHG in relation to the Contest;
(d) consents and authorises PPHG to use and disclose any data provided by the Participants for any future marketing effort by the PPHG Group of Companies; and
(e) acknowledges and agrees that submitting Entries constitutes such Participants’ and Winners’ consent to give PPHG a worldwide royalty-free, irrevocable, transferrable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, create derivative works from and display such Entries in whole or in part, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, including for promotional or marketing purposes. The Participants shall, if requested by PPHG, sign documentation that may be required for PPHG or its nominees to make use of and to assign to PPHG to assign to PPHG or its nominees the non-exclusive rights that the participants are granting to use the Entries, whether in whole or in part, without any payment or compensation thereof and in such mode and manner as shall be decided by PPHG at its absolute discretion. The Winners hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree to and shall, if required by PPHG at their absolute discretion, attend any prize presentation and participate in any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Contest at his/her own costs.
15. Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions, PPHG reserves the right at any time and from time to time in its absolute discretion to terminate the Contest or to determine and/or amend, by addition to, subtraction from or variation of, these Terms and Conditions without prior notification or assigning any reason or assuming any liability to any party and all Participants shall be bound by these amendments.
16. While all information provided herein is believed to be correct and reliable at the time of publishing or posting online, PPHG makes no representation or warranty whether express or implied, and accepts no responsibility or reliability for its completeness or accuracy. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
17. A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any term of such agreement.
18. These Terms and Conditions and the Contest shall be governed by the laws of Singapore, and all Participants shall be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.
19. Except where the context otherwise requires, words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa.
Dated: 31 October 2020